Holi is around the corner and by now you’re all probably prepared for it. Although it is known as the festival of colours, celebrations are incomplete without bhang! While we’re aware of the hallucinating side effects, not many know that it has health benefits too when taken in moderate doses. For example, Cannabis from whichbhang is derived, is widely used in ayurvedic treatments. Here’s all you need to know about about bhang before holi.
1. Bhang is a natural painkiller made from the leaves and flowers of the female cannabis plant and has been used during religious ceremonies since ages in India
2. Even though it is illegal to have bhang it is widely available in the form of paste during Indian festivals like Holi and Shivratri.
3. Bhang during ancient times was used to treat anxiety. It is associated with Lord Shiva who discovered it’s ‘spiritual’ properties.
4. Bhang is known to fight depression and cure ailments like fever, arthritis, sunstroke, and indigestion.
5. An overdose of Bhang can however lead to serious health problems, like increased heart rate and blood pressure.
6. People suffering from heart problems, high BP, or nerve related diseases should not consume it as it can prove fatal!
7. It is advisable to not consume bhang on an empty stomach, or else it can knock you badly.
Easy Bhang hangover cures:
You can have a cup of herbal tea because it acts as a diuretic and will reduce the effects of bhang.
This is the simplest cure; lemons are great source of antioxidants and Vitamin C.
Don’t forget to hydrate your system
Have lots of water, this will help flush out toxins from your body. Also dehydration makes the hangover worse.