Traditional skin-lightening remedies have been making waves in the beauty community for the past few years. And, why not? Effective, safe, au-naturel and unlike the store-bought cosmetics, these remedies are not loaded with chemicals or questionable ingredients. More and more women are ditching the pricey cosmetics and turning to natural ingredients to combat unsightly skin conditions and get the skin they have always yearned for. One such remedy is rice flour. Since centuries, it has been a true favourite for getting a fair and glowing skin, especially among Asian women. Also Read: Unknown Beauty Benefits Of Olive Oil & Almond Oil Mixture! This miraculous remedy is loaded with skin-friendly properties. Be it banishing sun tan, removing the impurities and dirt from the skin pores to prevent acne, evening the skin tone or imparting a sun-kissed radiant glow on the skin, rice flour can do it all. The best way to use this stellar remedy is to combine it with other equally effective natural ingredients. So, today we’ve curated a list of easy-to-prepare face packs using rice flour that can be prepared in a jiffy. Take a look at these rice flour face packs that you could use for your daily beauty routine. Note: Always perform a skin patch test to see how a particular ingredient reacts on your skin type.
1. Rice Flour With Turmeric & Lemon Juice Blend of the above-mentioned ingredients can help fade away the unsightly dark spots and make your skin clear and bright. For preparing this pack, mix 3 teaspoons rice flour with a pinch of turmeric and 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice. Stir them well together before applying the pack all over your face and neck. Rinse it after 15 minutes and follow up by applying a light moisturiser, as lemon juice can cause dryness.
2. Rice Flour With Yogurt This easy-to-prepare face pack draws out impurities and dead skin cells from the skin pores. It keeps the skin clean from well under the surface and keeps breakouts at bay. Whisk 1 tablespoon of rice flour with yogurt and apply it all over your face and neck. Let it sit for 20 minutes, before washing it off with cool water. Apply this pack once a week for an acne-free, glowing skin.
3. Rice Flour With Honey & Rose Water Try this ultimate face pack for getting a sun-kissed glow on your face. Apply it once in 2-3 weeks for a glowing and beautiful skin. All you need is 1 tablespoon of rice flour, 1 teaspoon of organic honey and 2-3 drops of rose water. Stir them together to form a paste. Gently apply it on your face and neck and let it sit for 30 minutes, before washing it off with lukewarm water.
4. Rice Flour With Cucumber Juice No better way of getting a fair complexion than combining rice flour with cucumber juice. The skin-whitening properties of both these wonderful ingredients will help you get rid of the sun tan too. Mix 1 tablespoon of rice flour with 1 teaspoon of cucumber juice. Then, apply it all over your face and neck. Let it absorb in your skin for 15 minutes, before cleansing it with water.
5. Rice Flour With Aloe Vera Gel When it comes to making the skin tone even and cleaning the impurities from the skin pores, this homemade face pack can work like a charm. Put 1 tablespoon of rice flour and 2 teaspoons of freshly extracted aloe vera gel in a bowl and stir them well together to form a thick paste. Gently apply it all over your face and leave it on for about 15 minutes. Rinse it thoroughly with cool water.
6. Rice Flour With Gram Flour & Coconut Oil Not only is this face pack great for getting a fair complexion, but it also is helpful in keeping breakouts, acne and blemishes at bay. This pack is particularly effective on dry skin. A tablespoon of each that is rice flour, gram flour and coconut oil is all you need to prepare this super-effective face pack. Apply the pack on your face and neck and wash it off after 20 minutes.
7. Rice Flour With Oats, Milk & Honey This moisturising face pack is considered to be effective in brightening the skin complexion and banishing pesky pimples. Mix 1 tablespoon of rice flour with 1 teaspoon of each, oats, milk and honey. Stir the ingredients for a while to form a paste. Massage it on your face for 2-3 minutes, then leave it on for another 15 minutes. You can apply this rice flour face pack for fair skin once a week.